Te Kowhai Print Trust is seeking a part time technician and administrator
for assisting in running an open access print studio. (Fine Art Printmaking)
The job would include the following duties (full Job Description here):
Monitoring administrative projects, planning
and coordinating workshops, hire, maintenance and operation of studio facilities.
The Te Kowhai Print Trust exists to add value to the local and wider community
by promoting the education, technical advancement and teaching of Fine Art Printmaking
- providing an educational and workshop program
- providing an artists in residence program
- building and properly caring for the collection of priceless prints which are of historical importance to New Zealand
- providing our visitors with friendly high quality service and ensuring equitable access to all
- providing maximum community benefits from the resources at Te Kowhai Print Trust
Administrator / Technician Job Duties:
- Organise materials, processes and operation for printmaking open days
- Organise any printmaking workshops after the open days
- Audit of current equipment and tools
- Assist with archive restructure
- Plan studio space and requirements for working print studio
- Contributes to Te Kowhai Print Trust by accomplishing related results as needed
- Liaison with Northland Craft Trust / Quarry Arts Centre
- Liaison with Board of Trustees
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills, Managing Processes,
Managing Workshops and Educational Programs, Verbal Communication,
This position is part time of approx 8-10 hours per week.
It is by way of 6 month contract, which is renewable, funding dependant.
We hope that this role would develop and the Print Trust could eventually offer more paid hours.
If you are a printmaker near Whangarei, and interested in this position,
please apply with CV and covering letter by 17 September 2013.