The Learning Connexion are seeking a new Printmaking Tutor to join their onsite team.
This is a fixed-term contract in tertiary level school of art and creativity
based in the Hutt Valley, Wellington.
The role involves delivery of two full-day classes each week on Wednesdays and Thursdays,
and an evening class which is currently being offered on Mondays from 6-9pm.
The term runs for seven consecutive weeks
and training for the position may commence mid-January
to coincide with the Term 1 start date of Monday 28 January 2014.
Specifically, each class has a different printmaking focus
so looking for someone who can teach a minimum of screen-printing, dry point, and woodcut.
There is also scope to deliver a broader range of printmaking techniques in later terms,
so applicants with more extensive experience in other print areas are welcome to apply.
To be successful in this position you will need to be able to:
• Work with students in ways which are respectful, helpful and supportive
• Deliver to students with a broad range of abilities
• Understand and articulate the creative process and how this connects with students’ work
• Deliver class content through a blend of both discussion and hands-on demonstration
• Be flexible, patient and able to think on your feet
Training and course outlines will be provided to the successful applicant to work from,
but prior teaching experience is required.
We also expect our tutors to be practising artists with an active personal practise.
To apply for the position, please email a current resume,
with examples of your creative practise, and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 17 November 2013.